Bellevue University FAQs

If you do not see an answer to your question, or if would like additional information about Bellevue University, please contact us at 1-800-756-7920.

Page: 1 2

General Questions

Is an online degree as respected as a degree earned in class?
Yes, the degree you earn online at Bellevue University is accredited, and is respected by employers throughout the country. Diplomas and transcripts from Bellevue University do not distinguish between online and in-class course delivery.

Is Bellevue University accredited?
Bellevue University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCACS). The NCACS is one of the six regional accrediting agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. In addition to NCACS accreditation, the College of Business is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). IACBE is described as a premier accrediting body promulgating quality in the baccalaureate and graduate degree programs in business.

When do classes begin?
Classes and programs start on an ongoing basis. We have open enrollment and most programs have several start points throughout the year. For more information, please visit with a Bellevue University Admissions Counselor.

Financial Aid

What kind of financial aid is available?
As one of the most affordable private universities in the Midwest and online, Bellevue University offers many ways to finance your degree, including corporate tuition assistance, military tuition assistance, reimbursement, a wide variety of scholarships, loans, payment plans and many others. Our helpful and responsive Student Financial Services Department will help you access the many options available to you.

How can I defer my previous student loans?
We are a member of the National Student Loan Clearinghouse (NSC). Enrollment is electronically reported to NSC once a month. Most lenders use NSC to verify enrollment. Students whose lenders do not use NSC will have to provide a deferment form to the Bellevue University Registrar's Office each term. Attendance verifications/deferments are only given if you are currently enrolled and attending classes (ELA, incomplete grades, and CLEP/DSST tests do not qualify for deferments).

Where can I get a FAFSA form?
We have links to the forms required on the Student Financial Services section of this website.

Student Accounts

Where can I request a Statement of Account used by my employer for Tuition Re-imbursement?
Students can request an official statement of account by submitting a request online through BRUIN's E-services link. The request takes approximately 5-7 business days to process.

When will I be getting my refund from my student loans?
Bellevue University has partnered with Sallie Mae Bank in order to process refund checks faster. By logging on to and creating an account the student can choose to receive their refund by check, direct deposit or by debit card.


Do I need to take any pretests to be accepted to Bellevue University?
Bellevue University is an open enrollment institution; pretests for acceptance are not required for undergraduate or graduate programs. However, students interested in applying to the doctoral program in Human Capital Management must complete the GMAT or GRE tests.

How do I transfer in credits?
We've instituted transfer credit policies that include many ways for our students to demonstrate learning and earn college credit. In fact, Bellevue University degree programs and transfer credit policies enable most students to complete bachelor's degrees in as little as 12 months, without missing a beat at work or home.

Depending on the learning involved and type of assessment used, these credits may be applied toward the general education core curriculum, electives, or in some instances, your major area of study for your degree program.

Review your experiences, training, and education, then talk to an Admissions Counselor who will help you determine how many college credits you have, and who will show you how quickly you can complete your degree.

What if I need more credits to enter an Accelerated Bachelor's Degree Completion Program?
Chief among cost-effective ways of earning credit are CLEP and DSST examinations. Both of these organizations offer a series of for-credit exams, which give you the opportunity to demonstrate college-level learning through the successful completion of 90-minute, multiple choice examinations. CLEP and DSST exams are offered at numerous locations throughout the country, including many college and university campuses. The Bellevue University campus is the site of the most CLEP tests administered in the United States.

Additionally, Bellevue University offers many single courses online in our ONCourse program. The ONCourse classes are delivered on the Cyber-Active® Learning platform – which means they're easy to access and available 24/7. Bellevue University recognizes that college-level learning can be achieved in many ways. We have the ability to assess learning you have gained on the job or through other life experience for college credit. We also award college credit for many professional certifications and corporate training programs.

Page: 1 2